5 Ways to Make Your Business Greener in 2015
Whether it’s cutting down their energy consumption, taking extra steps to recycle as much as possible, or looking for more eco-friendly ways to maintain their work uniforms, many businesses are interested in finding new ways to "go green" in 2015. Going green isn't just a way to make a positive impact on the environment, either – many eco friendly business practices save businesses money as well.
If your business is looking for more ways to be eco-friendly in 2015, start with these five green business moves:
- Organize your inboxes – Printing out important email exchanges may not seem like a big deal on its own, but paper consumption has a bigger environmental impact than many people realize. Paper accounts for a huge percentage of the waste produced by U.S. businesses every year, adding up to millions of pounds of paper and many more chopped down trees. Keeping our email inboxes better organized and, thus, making it easier to look up and reference important correspondence, can heavily reduce the amount of paper consumed on a yearly basis. And instead of immediately throwing out all the documents you no longer need, find ways to reuse them. Conserving and reusing paper doesn't just help the environment; it can also help your business save money.
- Stop junk mail – Unsolicited junk mail makes up a large amount of the physical mail sent through the post office system every day, and most of it gets thrown away without ever being opened. While it can seem like there's nothing that your business can do to stop getting all those unwanted mailers, it is possible. There are several free services that will remove your name and address from mailing lists, which can significantly cut down the amount of junk mail a business receives. By doing this, you can help the environment and stop the junk mail clogging up your mailbox at the same time.
- Switch to digital documents – Digital document platforms and cloud-based data storage are the new hot thing in business management, and are often touted for their ability to make businesses run more efficiently. But moving your important business documents to the cloud has another benefit – it can seriously reduce the amount of paper waste a business produces every year, too. Reducing paper consumption by switching to digital documents saves businesses money, lessens their environmental footprint, and makes them more efficient and profitable, all at the same time.
- Recycle your electronics – It's a fact of business that old computers, printers, and other pieces of technology need to be replaced every few years to keep the office functional and competitive. But what many businesses don't consider is that their obsolete electronics don't have to be thrown out or sent to the second-hand store; many of them can be recycled. Printers, computers, etc. often contain many plastics and chemicals that are extremely harmful to the environment, and recycling them can have a big positive impact. It may not have to cost you anything, either – there are many charities and free recycling services that organize old electronics collections.
- Hire a green laundering company – If your business is still using a non-green laundering service to clean its company uniforms, then it's time to switch to an eco-friendly cleaner like Prudential Overall Supply. Green laundry practices provide the same reliable level of results as old, pollutant-heavy dry cleaning methods, without producing the huge amount of waste. Green-cleaned work uniforms don't just give a business a uniform image – they demonstrate its commitment to more environmentally friendly practices.
Looking for more information on how your business can help the environment and save money at the same time? Contact us today at 800-767-5536.