Selecting company uniforms for your employees sounds easy enough. However, if you simply choose the cheapest one or the flashiest one, you could be making a mistake. You have to remember that the uniforms are a reflection of your business. When customers see the uniform, they are going to think of your company. So, what are your uniforms telling the public? Are you a professional, serious business with a solid reputation? Or are you a business that takes little pride in appearances? Are you a business that even utilizes uniforms? Here are some tips for helping you choose the ideal uniforms for your employees:
- Determine the image you want your business to present. For instance, if your company is a bar and grill, then you want your employees to appear clean and fresh, but also more laid-back and friendly. If your company specializes in home health care, then presenting a professional, medical appearance in necessary to ensure clients feel comfortable.
- Dress your employees in clothing that fits the atmosphere of the business without sending mixed messages—or making customers feel self-conscious.
- The uniforms you choose for your company need to stand out from the crowd. For example, you don’t want to choose brown shirts and shorts for your pizza shop, because people might mistake you for a delivery company employee. Your uniforms should only be associated with your company—after all, your employees are, essentially, walking billboards.
- When it comes to the design of the uniforms, keep it simple and classy. Make sure the name of your company is clearly visible, without being obnoxious. When possible, have employee names stitched onto the shirts. This lets customers know who they are dealing with on sight. Avoid designs that could be misinterpreted, such as a symbol that might be mistaken for something offensive.
- Enlisting in the services of a rental company can relieve quite a burden from your shoulders, as well as your employees. Uniforms can be sent in for a thorough cleaning, ensuring that your employees always look fresh and clean. It also saves your employees the hassle of keeping the uniforms clean on their own.
The most important thing you can remember about choosing uniforms is the fact that they represent your company. You want the uniforms to reflect the message you want the public to understand—that you own a respectable, reliable, and trustworthy company.
To learn more about selecting appropriate uniforms, and to learn about our rental services, as well as our cleaning services, contact us today at Prudential Overall Supply.