Having the right cleaning supplies for your facility is essential. A sanitary, organized environment makes it safe for employees, customers, and anyone who occupies or visits the building. Here is a commercial cleaning supplies checklist, by location, to ensure you keep your space clean-looking, hygienic, and pest- and germ-free.
The floor is the most heavily traveled surface. Lots of dirt is tracked from within and outside; here’s what you can use for cleaning:
- Vacuum: Investing in a high-quality vacuum can virtually guarantee the best cleaning job every time. A bagless vacuum requires frequent emptying, but at least unsanitary material won’t fester inside until it fills up.
- Broom: A broom is a low-tech way to quickly clean up localized dirt. Many brooms have removable dust pans that you can sweep material into for fast disposal.
- Dust mop: Suited for every cleaning job, a mop leaves most types of floors spotless. For the best results, choose one that can be dipped into a cleaning solution. For example, we offer the Wet Mop and Handle and an Ergonomic Premium Mop Bucket.
- String mop: Cotton string mops are highly absorbent and effective at scrubbing tight corners. They are also inexpensive, so you can fit them into your budget and ensure no difficult spots are left behind.
Tables, counters, seats, ledges, and every other surface must be clean so your business looks great and the least number of germs are spread. These are the most important surface cleaning products:
- Surface cleaner: A multi-surface cleaner in a large container should be used. It can even be mixed with water for floors. In addition to sprayers, we offer drums, cold misters, and foggers.
- Microfiber cloths: These are efficient for cleaning various surfaces. Our microfiber products absorb 7 to 10 times their weight in fluid and are easy to wring out. They even grab onto grease, grime, and dirt, as the tiny fibers have angled edges.
- Gloves: Disposable gloves keep your cleaning staff safe, including our foodservice, general cleaning vinyl, and nitrile gloves for use around harsh chemicals and oils. We offer a wide range of disposable gloves to suit your needs.
- Disinfectant wipes: These are extremely effective for neutralizing bacteria and viruses when a localized quick cleaning is needed. Even when you’re in between cleaning jobs, disinfectant wipes help keep your facility hygienic.
Maintaining sanitary conditions is an ongoing process due to the nature of how bathrooms are used, but you can achieve cleanliness with these products:
- Glass cleaner: The presence of moisture affects the appearance of glass. A good glass cleaner can leave it streak-free and clean. If you don’t have a quality cleaner, you can mix water and vinegar; white distilled vinegar is highly effective.
- Soap: Soap is a must, whether in the form of cleaning solution or dispensers for occupants to use. Removing dirt effectively with soap requires a good substrate, such as steel wool soap pads that remove almost any material without damaging most surfaces.
For kitchens, you need soap, towels, and sponges to keep everything clean. You want to focus on dishes and make sure they’re spotless and dry, as well as the sink and countertops. Also make sure everything is dry, that trash bins are cleaned each day, and that refrigerators are cleaned every week. Appliances such as stoves, microwaves, and coffee machines should be kept clean and sanitary as well.
Order Cleaning Products from Prudential Overall Supply
We offer the products on this commercial cleaning supplies checklist and more, including towels, mats, cleaning chemicals, and personal protective equipment. To get started, request a quote for the items that you need. Prudential Overall Supply can be reached at 800-767-5536 for more information.