How to Get and Stay Healthy While at Work
The New Year is here and, for many of us, that means making resolutions to become healthier with changes in our diet and an increase in exercise and physical activities. Prudential Overall Supply is pleased to offer the following tips and suggestions on things you can do while at work to promote a more active and healthier lifestyle and help you stick to your resolution.
If you work in an office or call center type of environment where you spend most of the day sitting, make it a habit to get up every half hour and stretch your body. If you can work while standing, do so for about ten minutes every hour, so long as you are not slumped over your desk.
While sitting, you can do sets of leg lifts under your desk and, if you are really motivated, consider ankle weights to make it more challenging. You can also do shoulder rolls, stomach crunches, and other such exercises throughout the day.
For healthy changes in your diet, make it a point to eat breakfast each day. A protein shake is a great way to start the day before having coffee. For a mid-morning snack, try some fresh fruit and granola mixed into plain yogurt. When it is time for lunch, get in the habit of packing your own lunch to avoid being limited to vending machine food or nearby fast food restaurants. A nice turkey sandwich with your favorite veggies is perfect.
A great mid-afternoon snack consists of some “good” nuts, like dry roasted low-salt peanuts or almonds. If you have a nut allergy, a quarter cup of low-fat cottage cheese mixed with a quarter cup of fresh blueberries is an alternative option that also helps satisfy those afternoon cravings for sweets.
Reducing Risks for Illnesses
Exercising and eating a healthy diet helps strengthen the immune system and reduce your risks of catching the latest flu strain or cold going around the office. Other tips you can follow to reduce the spread of germs at work include:
- Wash your hands frequently throughout the day with warm water and soap, like Prudential’s antibacterial foaming soap.
- Wipe down your desk area with antibacterial wipes and do not forget the keyboard, mouse, and monitor in the morning, afternoon, and before going home in the evening.
- Remember to sanitize your hands with Prudential’s non-alcohol instant foam hand sanitizer throughout the day when you are not able to wash your hands.
- Drink plenty of water in place of coffee and sugary sodas to keep your body properly hydrated to fight off germs.
- Wear a face mask if there seems to be an overly abundant number of sick people in the office.
- Stay at home if you are sick, and take a sick day to rest and recover.
By helping reduce the spread of germs at work and implementing a healthier diet and physical activities, you will find your body is able to fight off infections and help you remain healthy more often.
One way Prudential Overall Supply can help reduce the spread of germs at work is with clean, fresh, and sanitized uniforms every day, as well as with our bathroom products. Contact us today at (800) 767-5536 for more information about our rental, leasing, and purchasing options to fit in with your business needs and industry!