Using a uniform rental service for uniform distribution to your employees is a smart move. Doing so offers many benefits for employees, but it also has a certain set of benefits for employers. There benefits are well worth the cost, considering the amount of money you likely spend on uniforms now. Don’t forget to tally the amount of money lost when employees lose or do not turn uniforms in when they leave. Now, with that information in hand, consider the following benefits:
- Employees are recognizable. Did you know that 97% of the public thinks that uniforms make your employees easier to recognize? Uniforms ease any anxieties that consumers have over the person they have working on their vehicle, handling their money, or taking care of their loved ones. Both customers and employees feel a higher level of trust and confidence when uniforms are part of an employer’s dress code.
- Costs are lowered. Small businesses can find the overall upfront cost of uniforms overwhelming. To avoid this, they could charge the employee, but this is not the best choice. Employees can find the cost just as overwhelming, and it could cause a strain on them. The best option is to consider a uniform rental service. This way, you spread the cost out, and have lifetime maintenance of the uniforms and weekly pickup.
- Distinguished employee image. At least 70% of customers think that uniforms make employees look professional and clean. This reflects back on the company, too, making them look more professional because their employees are happy and look great. It strengthens the company’s image, while making the employees look better in the eyes of their teammates, boss, and customers.
- Better teamwork and productivity. At least 60% of prospective employees feel that uniforms make the workers look better and make them feel proud of where they work. Coordinated uniforms make all employees feel like players on the same team. Working well as a team means that work gets finished faster and more accurately. This increases the productivity of the staff, making sales run smoother, and keeping customers happier with the positive spike in service.
- Safety and compliance needs are met. Safety and compliance are very important to all businesses. Many companies are required to furnish different types of uniforms for working in certain environments. These requirements are usually at a company, state, or federal level. Luckily, most uniform supply companies can provide the business with the specialized uniforms they need. This includes any fire-retardant clothing or clothing appropriate for a cleanroom.
Choosing a uniform service can help put in motion many changes for a company. These changes include happier employees, happier customers, more teamwork, and a better image for the company. These changes can turn a good business into a great one and ensure they stay in business for years to come.
To learn more about our uniform rental and laundering services, contact us at Prudential Overall Supply.