Companies have different policies on work uniforms. Some require the employees to supply their own uniforms, while others purchase uniforms for their employees. Both of these methods leave someone on the losing end, due to the sheer cost of the uniforms. In addition, employees are often limited as to when the uniforms have to be replaced. To save money and avoid the hassle, some companies choose a uniform service to take care of their needs.
- No Laundry. With a uniform service, no one at the company has to worry about washing their work uniforms. Each day, they exchange the dirty for clean and go about their day. It’s easy to do, and saves much time and money for both the employee and the employer.
- Crisp, clean uniforms on demand. All employees would have access to clean uniforms whenever they need one. If someone spilled something on his or her shirt, getting a new one is fast and easy, meaning there is no loss in productivity. Employees are happy to not have to worry about the upkeep of their uniforms.
- Less money out of pocket. Companies have to spend a lot of money out of pocket for uniforms, especially when they have to order a few of each size for both men and women. When renting the uniforms, the expense is much less each month. In addition, the company gets old uniforms replaced with new ones at no additional charge. There are no worries about wearing the uniforms out.
- Employees are saved the expense. When the employer uses a uniform service, employees do not have to worry about what the burden of buying uniforms does to their budget. This makes for happier employees who are excited to go to work.
- Identification. Uniforms make your employees look professional and let everyone know they work for your company. This is comforting to customers, who might not know they are talking to an employee or to a random stranger.
- Teamwork. Coordinating uniforms help your employees feel like players on the same team. It will help them work together and get together to solve problems. It’s similar to how sports teams use uniforms to identify their players and make everyone feel like part of the same team.
- Image. Uniforms strengthen a company’s image. Professional uniforms distinguish employees from the competition. They also reflect the level of service of each employee.
- Productivity. Happier employees work harder. When you take good care of them, they will care deeply about the company and worker harder to take care of it. When this happens, customers are generally happier, which leads to more business.
- Compliance. Uniform services make it easy to comply with corporate and federal regulations concerning uniforms. They offer fire-retardant and NFPA 70E-compliant uniforms.
- Convenience. Having clear uniforms ready to go for employees is convenient. It lessens the chance of anyone being late due to a lack of clothing to wear to work. Employees gain confidence by coming to work each day looking professional and ready to work.
For more information about renting uniforms, contact us at Prudential Overall Supply.