The importance of workplace slips, trips, and falls prevention cannot be understated. When you run a business, one of your primary duties is to keep your employees safe while they are at work.
Between the U.S. Department of Labor, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), National Floor Safety Institute (NFSI), and various other regulatory bodies, there’s no shortage of rules and regulations regarding workers’ rights and the prevention of workplace accidents. In particular, slip and fall accidents—and the resulting legal proceedings—can be easily prevented with the addition of appropriate floor mats.
A slip and fall accident is defined as an incident in which a person slips or trips on a hazard and falls, injuring themselves. When this kind of accident happens on your property, you are considered legally liable. According to statistics from insurance company Society Insurance, slip and fall accidents account for more than 1 million emergency room visits annually, making up roughly 12% of ER trips. Society Insurance says that implementing a floor mat/step mat program in the workplace is one of the best places to start with preventing such emergencies.
A Variety of Mats for Different Needs
At Prudential Overall Supply, we offer business owners a broad range of floor mat types to prevent slippery floors, replace old mats, etc. We offer the following mat products to help you keep your employees safe at work:
- Safety message scraper mats: Our standard scraper mat with an additional safety message image (e.g., “watch for moving equipment” or “be careful”).
- Welcome mats: A simple, attractive “welcome” mat, ideal for workplaces that welcome customer visits.
- Custom logo mats: Custom-designed floor mats with your desired logo/image, border design, and/or background design.
- Appearance solid color mats: Basic medium to large floor coverings in bright, solid colors.
- Canyonero mats: A neutral-toned, soft-textured mat with a unique alternating fiber direction pattern (great for drying wet shoes).
- Quality message mats: A mat with a message regarding the importance of quality.
- Bilingual safety mats: A mat featuring messages in two languages about the importance of safety.
- Anti-fatigue mats: A plush, ergonomically designed mat with anti-fatigue technology that allows workers to stand comfortably for long periods of time without back, leg, or foot pain.
- Flow-thru mats: A durable mat with rows of holes that allow liquid to flow through and not create a slip risk.
Mitigate the Risk of Slips and Falls with Work Mats from Prudential Overall Supply
Prudential Overall Supply has been providing business owners and managers with a variety of office and warehouse supplies and services for more than 80 years. From commercial rugs and mats to custom uniforms and cleanroom laundry services, we offer the products and services you need to keep your offices, manufacturing facilities, and distribution centers clean, safe, and efficient.
To learn more about our business floor mats and customization options, or to discuss our other industrial business services, contact our friendly staff today at (800) 767-5536.