The Importance of Work Uniforms
Whether your business manufactures auto parts or sells sandwiches to hungry customers, providing everyone with a company uniform—even if it’s just a branded logo t-shirt—can make all the difference in creating a unified look and feel among your employees.
In addition to looking good and being recognizable from a customer perspective, a work uniform can create a sense of community and belonging among employees, providing a natural source of team loyalty and pride. Plus, your employees won’t have to worry about a dress code or think about what to wear to work every day.
When to Change your Company’s Uniforms
Once you’ve got a good company uniform, it’s easy to fall into the habit of re-ordering the same old design year after year. Eventually, however, it’ll be time to refresh your team’s look. How do you know when it’s time to change your company’s uniforms altogether? Take a look at the following examples of when it might be a good idea to switch things up:
- When you’ve re-branded and have a new logo or color scheme, update your uniforms to fit the new branding.
- When a direct competitor changes to something that seems to be working for them. Don’t copy, just take inspiration.
- When employees express significant dislike of the current uniform or want something new. Hating what you wear to work can create a negative attitude!
Don’t Forget About the Holidays!
Especially if you are a strongly customer-facing business like a restaurant or medical practice, consider how you might add some holiday cheer to your uniform plans. Short of dressing your employees in costumes, consider having a special holiday uniform that incorporates some aspect of the season, whether it’s a logo surrounded by snowflakes or a bold holiday red color. This small gesture can create a special holiday atmosphere for both employees and customers.
The Benefits of a High-Quality, Comfortable Uniform
Having well-tailored, nicely designed custom work uniforms provides a number of benefits beyond the ones we’ve mentioned so far, such as the following:
- Work safety (flame resistant clothing, etc.)
- Employee fairness/equity
- Improved competitiveness (it can launch you above a competitor that does not have a uniform)
- Financial savings (employees don’t need to buy work clothes)
- Security (easy to identify who should and should not be in sensitive areas)
And much, much more.
Get Great Quality Uniforms from Prudential Overall Supply
For more than 85 years, we’ve been providing business clients with high-quality, finely tailored custom uniforms for their teams. Our convenient online apparel shop and easy customization process make it simple for companies to choose the right work apparel and bring their visions to life.
From industrial cotton button-downs and casual polo shirts to nursing scrub uniforms, chef uniforms, outerwear, and more, Prudential Overall Supply can help you create branded clothing that meets your needs and is durable enough to last.
If you’re ready to change your company’s uniform (for the holidays, perhaps?), contact us today at (800) 767-5536 to get started!